Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Gardening Tips

The ideal amount of sunlight for growing your garden.


In the Caribbean there are two seasons, from the month of January to June is the dry season and from July to December is the rainy season. As a result of this during the dry season the temperature is very humid, so as a gardener you must understand which plants grow better in high, medium or low sunlight. Here are list of various plants you maybe interested in growing at the ideal temperature.

Plants that grows well in extremely high sunlight:

  • Tomatoes
  • Peppers
  • Eggplant
  • Melons
  • Cucumbers
  • Beans
  • Squash 

Plants that needs medium amount of sunlight to grow:

  • Broccoli
  • Carrot
  • Radishes
  • Beets
  • Turnips
  • Potatoes

Plants that need a very low amount of sunlight to grow:

  • Kale
  • Lettuce
  • Parsley
  • Cabbage
  • Spinach
  • Chive or Scallions
  • Asian Greens
  • Mustard Greens


If you adhere to this simple but effective procedure your gardens will blossom.
 

7 comments:

  1. Very informative.. I am ready to start my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great
    On my marks ready set to try out these tips on my garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, keep me informed and thanks for visiting

      Delete
  3. Parsley has given me so much trouble growing in hot sun thanks
    Now I know it's just minimal amount it needs
    Great thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow very informative I'm gonna try my hand at the Kale.
    Will let you know the results

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be looking forward to hear about your experience.:) Thanks for visiting

      Delete