Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Gardening Tips

 Garden Upcycling



You have all these ideas, but never enough money to make them come true. Have you thought of other ways of putting those projects together with materials that might not cost as much and can be upgraded for a fraction of the cost?

Due to the limited amount of yard space, you can start your kitchen garden using the remainder of concrete blocks, old pieces of wood, used construction buckets, short lengths of   four-inch pvc pipes and other materials from past home renovation and construction projects in your neighbourhood. Contact a neighbour or a friend and you will be surprised to see the amount of left over materials they have in their possession for disposal, which you can utilized to make your gardening projects a reality.  These materials when combined, can help you create awesome projects at home without spending a ton of money. In fact, I have just used some scraps of two by four wood which was taken from the framing of my roof to start my raised garden beds on the side of my home.













How to layer your raised bed for your garden
You can use cardboard, mulch or soil to the base to keep root out your garden beds



















Starting your raised bed garden in a small space using concrete blocks




















Using recycled buckets and short left-over lengths of pvc pipes to start your garden at home



17 comments:

  1. Hey this post is super informative... I never thought about using cardboard as a base to prevent roots out the beds. Great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look out for more interesting stuff on a weekly basis and let me know when you start you garden.

      Delete
  2. Using pots and buckets is a good way to be able to plat when there is limited yard space as many people live in a 'concrete jungle'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...I never or thought about using buckets and such...thanks man very informative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is another method and it save money, hope you start your garden soon

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is extremely informative, especially since I'm trying to start a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These ideas are great!.... my desire is to grow a seasoning garden. This blog had given me the drive to begin.Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. These ideas are great!.... my desire is to grow a seasoning garden. This blog had given me the drive to begin.Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. These ideas are great!.... my desire is to grow a seasoning garden. This blog had given me the drive to begin.Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say thanks for this information
    I can also shift around and use almost any area in my little Yard
    Going to try out this now
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good stuff.
    Didn't know about using cardboard.
    Hope to try soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great... gained more knowledge and info.

    ReplyDelete